Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby's got the Gold!

A few weeks ago we visited our former neighbors and good friends, Benny and Sharon Kai, who had invited us over for dinner. Their daughter, Natasha Kai, plays for the U.S. soccer team, which just earned the gold medal in the Beijing Olympics this year. After dinner they were kind enough to take the medal out of the case so we could look at it and got a few pictures with Jeffrey wearing it. This was the last one we got, you can tell how thrilled he is by the expression on his face ;-)

We also just want to say thanks to the Kai's for all their help trying to pull strings for us as we were waiting to get on-campus housing and even getting a room ready in their own house for us in case things didn't work out. They've been great getting in our friends and family at the PCC and would go out of their way for anyone. We feel really blessed to count them as our friends. Thanks Benny and Sharon!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love the look on his face! So cute. And how cool to get to hold a real gold medal!

Gabe & Cora said...

YOur baby is soo freaking cute!!!
I love all of your pics!
Hey Ty you have a beautiful family!

Amelia said...

I love love love his expression here. And man I want to come visit you guys (and Hawaii I guess) SO bad!! I miss and love BYU HAWAII! p.s. You and the felsteds are friends too? Small world...

Catherine said...

How lucky for Jeffrey to get pictures with a gold medal around his neck!

I'm feeling better, which has been nice. I'm still way tired and now more muscles are getting sore but at least the nauseousness isn't hitting as much as it used to. Thanks for asking.