Sunday, April 8, 2018

Life

I've never felt like this in my life before--I'm always excited about the future and what it's going to bring no matter how much I enjoy the stage I'm in--but if I could freeze time, I would do it right now.

I love our family. It feels perfect. I love the ages of all of our kids. I love that Jeffrey's nine and we can have fun conversations about books we've read or what we are learning about. I love teaching him more advanced things as his questions come up. I love that he can beat me in a race or cook dinner by himself or help with the kids if needed. He is such a generous big brother. He comes up with ways on his own to get treats or other special things for his younger brothers and sisters and is so great at including them in activities, watching them outside in the backyard as I cook dinner, or other little things. All of our kids love and trust Jeffrey, and it's comforting to know I can pair him with anyone else and they'll get along fine.

Amri is such a fun 8 year old. I feel like we've laughed together more during the last few weeks than we have the previous 8 years. She is learning to take responsibility for her actions better all the time and be someone I can count on. She is always creating something new and impressive. I'm always astounded at the things she comes up with--like creating her own pop-up book or inventing another recipe. She is also super generous and likes to serve others. A few months ago she asked me to take her to the dollar store to buy something and when we got there she asked what I thought an adult would like. She kept trying to get my opinion in sneaky ways and ended up buying a candle--which she "surprised" me with a few days later with a card she had made. Her big heart is something I look up to.

Jacob has the biggest heart. He's always been so sweet and kind with a touch of mischievousness as well. He always is the one who picks flowers for me constantly and trying to be the little gentleman. Last year when I would walk him to the corner and get him across the street and head back home, he'd always blow me about 20 kisses from across the street as he walked to the school. He's sandwiched between Jeffrey and Xi and sometimes it seems he feels like he needs to compete with them, but he is brave even when it comes to failure. I love that he loves to learn and do new things. He has a talent for the piano and I love to hear him play.

Xi is our ball of energy who definitely keeps things interesting. He has become super competitive with his older brothers and is constantly working on improving himself, particularly physically. A couple of weeks ago he shaved off almost 4 minutes of his mile time and can now run a mile in 10 minutes (which is almost a minute faster than 2 of his older siblings). He has perfected his pushups and was the first to learn how to do a handstand against the wall as all four older kids have been trying to do that lately. The other day he did over 600 sit-ups as Tyson held his feet and counted (and Xi held his shorts to pull himself up. . .but still!). He never gives up. I love that about Xi.

Miri is developing her own personality. Her language skills have improved a ton the last couple of years and it's fun to hear her little thoughts. She likes to make her own little jokes and has a contagious laugh. She is really sweet with Cora and loves having a little sister to play with.

Zeke is the typical, lovable but crazy two-year-old. I love his sweet little smile and his thick head of blond hair that pokes up from the breakfast table as we eat in the mornings. He is always excited for whatever is next. He makes the typical two-year-old messes and we love him anyways. I particularly love how he loves to show me things together as we read and play.

I love Corashemmah. She is the perfect baby. I seriously just wish she would stay our little baby forever and never grow up! She is so little and her nickname in our ward is "The Doll." She just looks like a dolly with her perfect features and curly little hair. She is such a cheerful, happy baby and the best sleeper I've had.  It's so fun to see her crawling around and discovering the world.

It's so awesome having a kid at every age like this. I think that's maybe why it feels so perfect--it feels like I have everything. Right now in my world, heaven is here.


No comments: