Sunday, September 4, 2016

Just another day in paradise


Our lives have been full to the brim lately! This week I was scheduled for 3 shifts at the hospital, had a birthday party for Jeffrey, planned and carried out my first pack meeting, planned family events for the Jeffrey's baptism and Amri's birthday all amid getting the kids in their school groove, remodeling adventures, and getting all my paperwork and plans finalized for teaching as an adjunct on campus. It's so nice that today is finally Sunday, I'm not working, and I can reflect on what a good week this has been.


On Saturday Jeffrey was baptized by Tyson. It was such a wonderful day with so many family that came and supported us for the day, and Tyson gave Jeffrey a special blessing with his confirmation.

Just before the confirmation the Bishop asked me to share my testimony. Thankfully I had been a little forewarned by another mom in our ward, but it was still hard to really communicate what I felt inside. I asked Jeffrey to come up with me and I shared that at the beginning of this year I had asked Jeffrey if we could set a goal to read the Book of Mormon together. The plan was that we would read 10 minutes every day. Life happened and so the 10 minute a day thing definitely did not happen. At the beginning of the summer we were somewhere in 2 Nephi, and three weeks ago we were still in Mosiah. Jeffrey was a trooper, though, and we pushed through and actually finished the Book of Mormon the day before he was baptized. When we finished, we knelt and prayed together and it was a really holy experience for me. Honestly, I think I needed to go through the Book of Mormon the last few weeks the way we did much more than he did. Anyways, I shared some of that and then presented him with a new quad with his name on it. He seemed pretty happy with it.

Everyone came over for a BBQ at our house, and it was so good to just hang out with everyone. We did cake for both Jeffrey and Amri and a pinata. We played board games, which is what I had promised Jeffrey since we'd been putting playing off the last few days as we finished reading together.

Today we celebrated Amri's first birthday. My family came over this morning and we entered Amri's room singing Happy Birthday and carrying in the traditional breakfast in bed of German oven pancakes with sprinkles. Tyson shared his most recent Mexico trip stories while we enjoyed breakfast together before they had to go. I'm just really thankful for family and the good times we had together!

1 comment:

Marg said...

Awesome weekend with both sides of the family! Thanks for all you did!