Monday, September 26, 2016

A Small Update

September 19-25, 2016: My week in pictures:

I changed some bike tires on the kids' bikes, spiders and all. 
Finally crossed that off my to-do list, after several weeks!
Matching clothes from Grandma. They love to match--and pretend to be mermaids!
 A couple of weeks ago Tyson and I were talking and I was saying how much time it takes to do the weekly menu planning, shopping, unloading, preparing and cooking food. He said, "If I did it, I'd just streamline everything!" So we decided he'd take over the shopping and cooking food. 

On Monday night he made everything and set it on the table. For whatever reason, I sat it his typical seat by the window and he sat in mine by the kitchen. We started eating and the kids started their clamoring of what they wanted. I was just about done eating when I heard one of them asking for seconds. Tyson said, "You have to wait, I haven't even taken one bite yet!" I had to laugh inside because so many nights that's been me, telling the kids they can't have seconds because I haven't had any yet, and Tyson is standing up, finished, carrying his plate to the sink. 
One night we didn't eat until 8:30 pm, but the food Tyson makes is always super good. This night it was baked potatoes that had been seasoned with olive oil, garlic, and parmesan, baked carmelized onions, baked squash (one side is garlic and pepper, the other side is brown sugar and pepper), red bell pepper strips, and sliced onions with salad. He may not cook with a recipe, but it's 
AH-MAZ-ING 
and pretty healthy to boot. He always saves the nights he's making mac and cheese for when I'm not going to be there :)


 One morning I asked Jeffrey to help get Miri dressed. A few minutes later I caught this view from the door, him sitting on the back of the toilet and Miri sitting on the seat while he brushed her hair. He actually did a pretty amazing ponytail in her hair this day. I think it's so cute the way he dotes on Miri. He's the best big brother, and one day is going to make a most phenomenal dad--just like his.

 Saturday I put together several coupons and gift certificates I'd been hoarding and cashed them in at Pizza Pie Cafe. The kids were SO excited to go. It was pretty crowded, and after walking around the restaurant a couple of times this tiny table meant for 2 had to fit our family of 8. One of Tyson's students that works there saw him and stopped by to say hi, dropping off a large baked cookie with ice cream on it. The grand total for our lunch was $13.46. We were so full none of us ate dinner.

The deluxe dessert
 
Jacob was mastering his drink-two-sodas-at-once technique. Amri's showing her excitement about the huge baked cookie and ice cream in the middle. Zeke is . . .being Zeke. . .with his boy headband to keep his hair back out of his eyes.

 I showed Jeffrey how to index a few weeks ago when there was that big weekend event. He really got into it and has been so excited to turn 8 so he could index on his own. We set up his account today, and he's been indexing WWII draft cards all afternoon. I love it. Jeffrey is one of my heroes :)

No comments: