Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 6

Saturday morning, February 8, we had a visit from some of Tyson's friends from his semester from Nauvoo, Ben and Ryan. To say Tyson's semester at Nauvoo was his favorite would be an understatement. It was life-changing. And he still has his shirt to prove it :)

 Saturday night we drove down to Ogden and surprised my parents with the visit. They thought that just Tyson was coming. It was super fun. Sunday morning we visited my grandma in her assisted living. Physically, she's very healthy. Unfortunately, she can't remember anything as recent as who she just talked to on the phone, It was still great to see her, and attend her Sacrament meeting and introduce her to Miri. And this photo of our kids is just classic.

 
 The primary reason for our visit to Ogden was to pick up this piano!!! Since my Grandma's home is getting cleaned out and my dad finally claimed his grand piano that's been there, he needed to make some space. We borrowed Tyson's grandpa's truck, a ton of ward priesthood members came (and I mean a ton--half of them just got to stand around while we loaded it) and brought it to Idaho. My dad has particular sentimental feelings about this piano. It was his first piano that he bought almost 40 years ago, and as my dad is fond of saying, "It's where I had my first date with mom."
 Miri also got to meet "Aunt Tiffany," one of my oldest and dearest friends.
Tiffany has been my best friend since 8th grade, and we consider each other sisters.
 I just love those skinny legs!
 Tyson's mom came up to stay for a week and help with the baby, and it was so great to have her! She and the kids made a heart-shaped pizza together to celebrate Valentine's Day.
 Then she graciously took the kids to McDonald's so 
Tyson and I could enjoy the Valentine's Dinner I prepared. 



 Another highlight of the week was that Colby and MyKel came up to visit as well. We had a blast going to Albertson's and playing the shopping cart game, a game that dates back to my high school days. Basically you make up teams (usually couples), get a shopping cart and put 10 random things in it, trade carts with the other team, and the first team to put everything back wins. 

Miri in her Kitty Coat--just because. We went sledding/snowshoeing with Colby, MyKel, and Leslie. Afterwards Tyson and I took our kids to a pool heated by some hot springs and warmed up (but no pictures of that).







kayaks aren't just for water (you should see their uncle here)


More late Valentine's celebrating. . .


Troy and Aubree got to come up and meet Miri, 
just 10 days before little Maysa was born (my first niece!)

You can't top off a good weekend without going to Greg and Nancy's for dinner. 
Thanks for having us over all the time!!!


3 comments:

Charlotte said...

The piano I have was the first thing my parents bought together after they got married. :) How I ended up with it, as the youngest child, I have no idea. But I sure feel lucky.

Colby and MyKel said...

Love all the pictures!! I have not seen them since we were there! We had a great time! Thanks for everything!

Drew & Becky said...

Isn't it crazy its been 2 years already!? We miss you guys! Your little girl is adorable! So glad you are all doing so great!