I typed this up the end of February, but never published it. Here it is. . .unfinished.
This last month has been a happy, tired blur for me. Usually after I have a baby, I'm on a hormonal high for weeks--super happy, super energy. I still feel the super happy, but not the super energy. I've been more tired than I have been in years--as in I sleep in until 9AM or later every morning I can. Not good. I'm not sure if the tiredness is from sickness (I've had a cold/cough going on six weeks now), or because I was behind on sleep before birth from all the night shifts, or if I'm just getting old. But I'm trying to get through it and start getting up earlier so I can get more stuff done and be more productive. It'd be nice to eat breakfast with my family again, too :) I actually did get up at 6:30 this morning and stayed awake all day, a new record since I had the baby!
I've kept up going to the Temple, trying to get as many family names done as possible. While doing family history I've come across some classic names:
Ruhunah E (I finally figured out that for her adult life she went by Elizabeth or Lizzy R, which is why no one could find her husband or kids forever. Go figure, I guess she didn't like Ruhunah either)
Susie Cilley (say it out loud)
Ellery (for a boy)
It's been fun figuring out family ties amid twists and turns in the lines going back.
Tyson's mom came and visited us the second week of February. It was really nice to have her (so I could keep up my sleeping in habit!) and the kids loved playing with Grandma Leslie. We mostly just hung around the house and it was great. Jeffrey enjoyed walking to school with Grandma, and Amri actually had her room clean for three days straight with Grandma's help (gasp!). We also baked waaaayy to many goodies and thoroughly savored each one.
No comments:
Post a Comment