Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weeks 1 & 2: Fun things


Some fun things so far this year: 

I had a birthday!!! Officially 31 years old--and 37 weeks pregnant.







Do you like my ghetto cake? It's a leftover from a "party" we had with the kids on New Year's Day to celebrate the fact we finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family in 2013. I didn't have to make it and it tasted delicious :)

 Some presents from my birthday--
not shown is the Amazon Prime membership my brothers purchased for me ;)


The next weekend we decided to build a little snow cave as a family in the 
pile of snow from the tractor that plows our parking lot. 








 It ended turning into a snow tunnel. Jeffrey is making a window in the snow tunnel.

 Jeffrey and Amri wanted to sleep in it. So we put sleeping bag inside of sleeping back and zipped them together (I think Tyson said there was a total of 8 sleeping bags) and they slept in it.
This door became totally blocked from all the sleeping bags--so it became a cave again.

 We couldn't let them sleep outside by themselves, so we slept outside the snowcave with the two youngest kids with us. Tyson gave me a down sleeping bag for Christmas (I gave him one for his birthday in July) and I needed to test it out. It got down to -2 degrees that night. And I was hot. I took off my hat about 15 minutes after this picture and had at least one arm poking out of the sleeping bag most of the night trying to cool off. 

Jeffrey and Amri said they slept warm as well. They woke up at 6:30 the next morning, found their way in total darkness of the cave to the door, and ran into our apartment through the snow--barefoot.
 This picture is proof we actually get out sometimes. After the kids went to bed on Friday, we took our neighbor the baby monitors and went to see "Catching Fire." LOVED IT.
And yes, we brought a blanket to the movie theater for maximum comfort.
 This weekend we got outside again and went to a field close to our home 
and made some snowmen and snow angels


 I just have to laugh at my 38 week belly in this picture!

 Jeffrey's own little snowman.


Sledding home. 
It's been a fun couple of weeks ;)

2 comments:

Dana said...

I somehow missed the memo that you were expecting again. Now I'm excited that I don't have to wait much longer to see pictures! I miss your adorable family. Love you guys!

Camber said...

1. Happy birthday! 31 is such a great age :)
2. That snow cave is AWESOME and I can't believe you slept outside in -2 degrees and weren't even cold!
3. Seriously, taking a blanket to the movies is genius.