My yearly accountability! Overall, I wanted to be more consistent and happy in 2013, and I feel I really accomplished that--the goals I did do I worked at a steady pace and finished recently (or today), but without any huge, last-minute-crunch. For example, as a family we wanted to read the Book of Mormon together, and today we read Moroni 10 and finished ;)
It's crazy what a little chart can do. I printed this off New Year's Day and somehow, having a visual reminder of our progress kept us going. I don't think it would have happened without this char.
Spiritual:
1-Read the Book of Mormon as a Family--read together DAILY--While there were a few days we missed, by and large we made this goal
2-Wake up by 7AM, 6 days a week--I almost always got up by 7 at least five days a week until I started working nights.
3-Make a scripture study plan each Sunday--happened the first half of the year, which really helped me reach my "read New Testament" goal
4- Attend Temple 12 times
5-Sing every Sunday--did not happen much
6-Read New Testament--finished the last 10 pages at 10pm tonight ;)
7-Go to one new Temple--sadly, this did not happen for the first time in several years. I may make my goal to go to two new Temples next year
8-Journal every day--almost happened
9-Plan FHE on Sunday--hardly happened.
44-Plan Joy School/kids plans on Sunday--I did do this while we were doing Joy School
Wife
10-something fun with Tyson each week--did it the first half of the year
11-Family Vacation
12-Planning Meeting Each Week--happened mostly at the end of the year
13-Monthly Service Project--happened twice
14-Blog once a week--did great the first half
15-make homemaking binder-nope
Mom
16-Take Jeffrey on an outing once a month
17-Paint Amri’s nails each week--mostly the first half of the year
18-Spend 30 minutes one-on-one time with Jacob each week--did good 3/4 of the year
19-Take pictures of Xandir each week--no
20-Joy School with Jeffrey and Amri
21-Finish teaching Jeffrey to read
22-Get halfway through reading book with Amri--we're about 3 lessons away from the middle of "How to Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy lessons.
Personal
23-Practice taking pictures of the kids each month, and edit pictures in photoshop--this was my biggest flop. I did edit a picture in photoshop once, though. An improvement, right ;)
24-Read 25 books--1. The Selection 2.Reached 3. Candyshop Wars: Arcarde Disaster 4. How to Supercharge Your Mornings (ebook) 5. To Love and Cherish 6. A Home in Drayton Valley 7. Judge 8. The Covenant 9. The Sacrifice 10. The Betrayal 11.The Prodigal 12. The Revelation 13.To Honor and Trust 14. The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion 15. The Judgment 16. The Mercy 17. Palace of Stone 18. Shattered 19. Teaching Children Joy 20. Teaching Children Values 21. The Pharaoh's Daughter 22. Michael Vey Battle of the Ampere 23. Legend of the Jewel 24. The Grecian Princess 25. The Baseball Box Mystery
I'm a little embarrassed posting the books I read--they are all so frivolous! Sometimes I just need mental junk food. However, I'm holding my reading to a higher standard next year.
25-Listen to an audiobook from the library--"The Night Circus" I'm glad I did this goal, because I think I want to listen to more books while I'm doing dishes, cooking, or doing laundry. However, I do wonder if I would have enjoyed the story more if I had just read it. I love being able to read at a speedy pace and lose myself in a story. Or maybe I just won't listen to fiction audio books--more like self-improvement or how-to books.
26- Make bread with natural yeast
27- Either run or do exercise videos an hour a week--minus first trimester of pregnancy, I did well
28-Make one French Cuisine recipe--fondue
29-Budget every month--I turned this over to Tyson early in the year when looking at the budget became too stressful :) but now we are back to doing it together.
30-Crosstitch once a month--happened most months
31-Finish Christmas shopping by December 1!!!--didn't happen by December 1, but I started BEFORE December, which was a first in my life! I actually even did a few neighbor treats and finished shopping before December 23, which I think was also a first!
32-2 non sugar weeks a month--did before I got pregnant
Monthly Projects
33-Re-certify my nursing license
34-Send pictures to friends from mission
35-Finish mission scrapbook
36-Listen to all the Michel Thomas French CDs--halfway done
37-Speak in Spanish an hour a day
38-Finish “parenting” class--just need to write about it ;)
39-Take “Butterfly” class
40-Finish Jacob’s Baby Book
41-Make Xandir’s Baby Book
42-Finish Jacob and Xi’s Baby Calendars
Siblings:
43-Email my brothers weekly with the funny things my kids said that week
I think, this year, while I will set some goals for the entire year (such as things to do as a family, reading scriptures), those will be fewer. I've realized although I love setting goals and they help me push myself, I never know what the New Year will bring, and some goals have to be replaced for others. Many of these goals got replaced with other projects, such as finding a job (took most of March, April, and May), and family history research for my calling (took up a lot of nights). And when I made these goals, I had no idea I'd be working as a nurse the second half of the year, which is why a lot of these goals stopped happening after that point. I'm planning on setting quarterly goals--January, April, July, Oct--when I can more clearly what is going to be going on in my future and what our family's (and my) needs are. I do, however, want to write down several ideas to do at some point in the future, and maybe make a dream board or something to the like that I can pull my yearly/quarterly goals from.
Happy New Year Everyone! I'm much more excited about 2014 than I was 2013!
1 comment:
Cambria,
I love reading your goals (and maybe stealing some of them to accomplish also). It keeps me motivated and I love reading how you want to further progress and become better. It inspires me... Seriously, if you can do it with a husband and four children (well... 4.5 children), then I can do it with ONE! Thanks for being an awesome example.
Post a Comment