Friday, January 24, 2014

Week 3--A Trip to Kansas City

I may be crazy, but my one of my very best friends was getting married last weekend, and I didn't want to miss it. So I flew to Kansas City at 39 weeks pregnant ;) The airlines never even asked for my doctors note. Thankfully, the baby stayed inside all weekend (although you can come out now!!!!). 

Eating Chinese

Liz, the beautiful bride

The four of us were all roommates together for a couple of wonderful years. It was so fun to hang out with Em and Tiff as we celebrated the wedding together. 

You'd have to know Liz to appreciate this picture, but she kicked of her high heels and stood on pillows instead.

Just a little windy
 The day of the wedding, the four of us did a session in the Kansas City Temple. Liz had to run to her hair appointment right after, but it was such a wonderful experience. Liz and I had received our endowments the same week before we went on our missions, and the Temple became a core part of our worship/friendship.

 Between the Temple session and the sealing, we made a quick stop at Liberty Jail. . .
 . . .and a free art museum.
Water Lillies, by Monet


 Aren't they SO HAPPY?!!




 Saying goodbye at the wedding dinner at an Indian Restaurant.

I flew back on Sunday and my mom graciously drove me back to Idaho to help with the kids as we await for the arrival of the little one. Yesterday we got out and took the kids to the park.
Whenever Xi wears this snow suit, he so reminds me of the kid on "The Christmas Story" who can hardly move.

Look Mom, I can swing with my eyes closed! (he did say that)


May the next post have our new baby!

1 comment:

Colby and MyKel said...

You are brave! Looks fun! I hope your next post has the baby too! :)