The reason I've been MIA has been because of a project that took over my life!!!!
Since mid-October until now we've been working on remodeling my mom's kitchen.
I had NO IDEA what I was getting into when I started this! The hours of meetings with designers that always went three times longer than planned, comparing prices, comparing colors, picking out slabs of quartz for the countertops, picking out a sink, the faucet, replacing a window. . .everything that comes with a kitchen remodel with a few bumps in the road and more time and money than planned, but it is finally a working kitchen again! My goal was to have it done by Christmas for my mom, and to start the actual work after Thanksgiving to surprise my brothers when they came home for Christmas. It was so fun (and hard to keep it a secret)!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
![]() |
| We are still working on installing the window, the blanket is to keep the cold air out where there is a gap. |
![]() |
| We are still waiting to get our appliance garage for that far right corner, should be in the next week. |
![]() |
| Still no fan--my mom just needs to pick one! |
We love the new kitchen!
Thank you, Mom, for letting me get the ball rolling and design your dream kitchen!
Thank you, Tyson, for doing all the tear out/patching/window/extra electrical/flooring/knobs&handles, and all the other projects we come up with!!!
Now that it's almost done (we only still have to patch, paint, pick a fan, finish the window, and a couple of other minor adjustments), I may finally get caught up with blogging!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
Now that it's almost done (we only still have to patch, paint, pick a fan, finish the window, and a couple of other minor adjustments), I may finally get caught up with blogging!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!












2 comments:
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Love it!
Beautiful! Also, I am VERY interested in seeing what you mean by "finish the window." As it is I am already showing it to my husband as an option to get my kitchen window looking nice.
Post a Comment