September 2012:
We started out the month taking Xandir on his first multi-day river trip with some very good friends, Peter and Amber Fjeldsted (thank you for getting us on this trip!) and the Spencers (thanks for coming!).
After the trip we continued the fun with Peter and Amber by hiking
Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park.
We also got to see our "other" Felsted friends in St. George ;)
We love the Felsteds/Fjeldsteds.
Amri celebrated her third birthday.
Amri got a new trike for her birthday. Her favorite part was pretending to talk on the phone as she drove around.
Amri cracks me up.
She can go from crying to laughing in seconds.
She can be very sweet when she wants to, even delighting in saying, "Yes Mommy!" at times.
When she wants to be stubborn, I have to get creative in motivating and sometimes threatening her to cooperate,
particularly when we need to go somewhere.
She is very quick in snatching something she knows she shouldn't have.
She interacts the least with Xandir (she calls him Mommy's baby), but when she does she is extremely sweet; she's never hurt him (unlike her over-exuberant brothers).
Some of her nicknames over the years have been Chica, Muffin Face, Chica Muffin, Am, Silly girl.
She's very clever and comes up with funny things to say, like Jelly Button and Snackrament.
Lately she asks, frequently, "Mommy, are you happy at me?" She most often asks this just after she comes out of time out, but sometimes she asks in the middle of getting in trouble, so I have to answer that I'm not happy with her but I still love her.
She loves to come and give me hugs all day (I love it) and says, "I love you," and likes it when I say, "I love you too," instead of just, "I love you."
She loves princesses and dress up. We gave her some dress-up shoes for Christmas and wears them all over, even trying to jump on the trampoline with them.
Another Christmas present for her is that I will do paint her nails each week. She is totally girl
Xandir celebrated his 4 month birthday. Poor kid was still slightly sunburned from our trip.
I know I used to spell his name Xander, but Tyson started spelling it with the "i",
and it is more fitting.
For Jeffrey and Amri's birthdays we used the money from grandparents to sign them up for tiny tot soccer. Tyson was their coach. Jeffrey loved it, Amri hardly played, but it was so fun to watch.
I tried to get nice pictures of Jeffrey and Amri (per my goals) but utterly failed my expectations. Tyson was able to get quite a few cute ones, but I broke down and took them to Target again for their pics.
Hopefully I can continue to get caught up!














No comments:
Post a Comment