Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More hiking, family, and General Conference

On Friday we went on yet another hike, this time up Taylor Canyon. After we saw some graffiti on a rock, Amri told me an awesome story about how Cinderella colored where she shouldn't have (hmm, sounds familiar Amri!), and then Cinderella told a lie and said the bad guys did it, then she ran away to Disneyland (because that's where she lives), and Amri spanked her and then she told the truth.

Snack time.
Jeffrey actually took this picture, which was nice, otherwise I wouldn't have a pic of my cousin Tris and his awesome wife Emily. Tris's parents were visiting from Michigan, and it was great to see them since we hardly ever do (my grandma now calls her son that lives in Michigan "The Other Guy" ;-)
Yay for Conference! This picture was as we were waiting in line with our tickets to get in, taken about 90 seconds before they shut the doors and wouldn't let us and about 200 other people with tickets in, despite the fact there was still seats. What was that about? We got there early, but apparently not early enough. They must want people to get off Mormon standard time and get there REALLY early. Things have changed--when I would go five years ago, they were still seating people at 10:20AM (they shut the doors on us about 9:30--if we had gotten there, seriously, 90 seconds earlier, we would have been in the doors.) Oh well. We watched it in the Conference Center Theater, and it was nice--I could focus and had ZERO interruptions since my children were with my parents ;)
Fun Date time.
We ran into Tyson's cousin Jaren and his wife Mitzi as we walked back to our cars.
What is this, you may ask? MY PRIZE! Yes. My Mom and I have a tradition to go to Ladies' Night at Deseret Book while all the men are at Priesthood Session. We had to get a babysitter, but it was well worth it since my prize was worth double what the babysitter's fee was. Usually both of us win something when we go (my mom once one a $500 painting of the Nauvoo Temple autographed by the artist), but if only one of us wins, it's always been my mom. So this was the first time I was the lone winner. 
Love Ladies' Night--free treats (Lion House Style), books on sale, prizes, what is there not to like?
And my little man at Ladies' Night, on his five month birthday. Where did five months go? This little tiger deserves his own post in the near future. Amazing babe. Happy b-day little one.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Cambria I am so glad you are posting so many updates on your family! I was cracking up at Amri's little conversation about Cinderella. What a doll. Your kids are so cute and grown up. I'm so sorry about your cousin, and so grateful for the gospel that brings us peace and eternal perspective. I hope you are all doing great... we can't wait for your visit out to St. George sometime in the near future :)