Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer plans

Once again the kids and I are in Utah, and Tyson is still in Colorado, due to our lasting car problems. Tyson is putting in another engine. . .again. This one looks much better though, only has 50,000 miles on it. We're hoping it works out better.

I came out Wednesday on the train with Jacob so I could attend my cousin Sami's wedding Thursday, which was beautiful. Donny had driven out to Colorado last weekend and brought the older two kids back to Utah on Monday (which was a LIFESAVER! Couldn't have gotten all packed up if he hadn't!) We've decided to rent out our little trailer, and our renters show up on Thursday.

Whether or not the van gets fixed in the next couple of days, Tyson is planning on coming back Wednesday morning to go to the Yampa River with Donny and Alyssa and another friend. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going. . .it kind of depends on if Jacob will consistently take a bottle (he's been AWFUL about it the last few months but is getting better), how the river level is (on the way back on the train, all the rivers I could see from my window were running super high and are a muddy brown from all the late-spring run-off), and a couple of other factors, like babysitting arangements.

The rest of the summer will be spent doing more rivers, trips, etc. Tyson will be helping out Donny with his new business, Runoff River Adventures. If anyone is interested in going on a river trip this summer or even just going tubing down the Provo, you should definitely check out his site for the awesome rental prices and services he does.

Hopefully sometime soon I will get on the ball and post some pictures. But this is just to let everyone know we are still here and loving life.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I thought the point of having your very own place was that you don't have to pack up all your things at the end of the semester. ;0)

Sound like you have a wonderful summer planned. I hope we can catch up with you sometime while you're in Utah.