Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Resurrected!

I have the best husband.

I don't know how he did it, but in a little less than a week, he took out our broken engine, replaced ALL the external components (exhaust manifold, etc.), and put in the new engine. He also did it with frequent interruptions due to heavy rains, and almost completely by himself (although we are VERY grateful for the few hours the Elders and a ward member did spend helping him Monday night).

Tuesday at 3 he put in the key, turned it . . .and the car started. IT STARTED! So different than the last time, when we tried about 100 times without it working then went back to underneath the car to figure out why. HOORAY!

He packed up everything and left this morning to meet Donny to go on the Yampa River with one of his (Tyson's) mission companions. It's supposed to be freezing and raining and the river is running 3-5 times higher than usual. I'm sure they'll have a blast.

I can't wait to see him Saturday night when he drives in. . .in our van!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is fabulous! Have a great time in Utah

Five Bresees said...

Congrats guys!

Colby Hazard said...

Tyson is a madman!! It was great to see you on Thursday, Cambria. Can't wait to see the kids. I hope that our car is resurrected too.

nateandrebecca said...

Glad you guys got your van working!

The Hazard Family said...

Ty's in the wrong business. He should be a traveling transmission/motor fixer. That's where the real money, adventure, and fun are. Good for you guys.
We love you,
Greg