Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jacobeon

I'm still trying to get caught up . . .it's been a crazy break in Utah trying to fix the car. . . and I'm still here. Tyson is in Colorado and been in school for a week while I still wait for our car to get fixed. But I'm going to be doing several catching up posts--especially since we bought our own computer for the first time (yeah yeah yeah!) and even when I go back to Colorado, we will be getting the internet, as part of a Christmas present.

So here's the first one. This is of Jacobeon at 13 days old, on Thanksgiving day, taken by my wonderful sister-in-law Alyssa:









I love this baby boy so much! He's so sweet! We've already had so many good times together.

He turned two months old yesterday (as I said, more pictures will come as I catch up) and he's now somewhere around 11 lbs and 22-23 inches by my unofficial measuring. He's got the cutest smiles that he likes to save for his mommy and coos a lot. He also laughs quite a bit. . .mostly in his sleep. Ever since he was just 2 weeks old he started laughing full-out in his sleep. He now has laughed a couple times awake, and it's very cute. But even those times are not even as much as in his sleep. But I always wonder what's making him laugh so hard in his dreams. . .what do babies dream about?

A little update on my other two beautiful babies--Jeffrey is the best big brother anyone could ask for. He still loves to hold, kiss, and cuddle with Jacob. He also loves playing with Amri and has now taken to try and sleeping in the pack 'n' play with her. . .which I'm not quite sure how to handle. Today he loved racing around with her and got upset a few minutes later when she wouldn't play ring around the rosies with him when he wanted her to. He wouldn't even take his mom as a substitute. . . he just wanted Amri. He loves his brother and sister so much and I think he and Amri will be best friends forever.

Another happy thing about Jeffrey. . .he is POTTY TRAINED! Hooray for joy! He's also talking in small sentences.

Amri amazes me with how fast she is growing up. She can talk like no other 16 month old that I know, and will probably match Jeffrey's sentences in just a few months. She loves books. She'll open up a book and say, "Wuzat?" (What's that?) while pointing to something. I'll tell her, for example, dragon, and she'll whisper, "Dragon," then turn the page. "Wuzat?!" She'll demand again. " A watermelon." "Watamelon" she'll whisper, and then go on. To potty train Jeffrey, one of his most favorite rewards was doing a little program on the computer, starfall.com (an excellent website, by the way), that goes through the alphabet. Amri will typically sit and watch while I do it with Jeffrey. I knew she'd be learning some of it, but I didn't realize how much she'd picked up until she started marching around saying the letter "w" (saying double u, not the sound) a few days ago. My mom quizzed Amri today and she can repeat EVERY letter of the alphabet with perfect pronunciation. . .even down to her Ns and Vs. She's a talker. Her favorite toy also happens to be the phone. . .everything she can find becomes a phone, even the TV remote control. Yeah. She's a talker.

That's about it. I'm trying to still get everything organized around here from the Christmas and car chaos, and trying to believe that we really do have a home in Colorado. . .that I haven't seen since it's been purchased. We miss Tyson. I'm glad he's not alone this week--his mom was an angel and bought a plane ticket to go out there as she planned, even though the kids are not there to play with, to help paint and organize our house before we get there.

It's hard to believe after waiting so long for the van to be fixed (we've been in Utah since November 19th) that it really will be. Every day last week we thought the car would be fixed by the end of the day, and I had a huge pile of stuff ready to pack into the van on the couch. Then it never happened. Tyson had to leave ahead without us. We're still waiting. I had to dismantle the pile of stuff so we could still function around here (I even had the bassinet totally dismantled and the kids drawers with all their clothes packed.) And I think at this point I'm in denial that we're going back so I don't have to deal with the disappointment again.

Wow, this became a much longer post than I intended. . .I was just going to put up Jacob's pictures. Anyways, that's a little summary of where we are right now. At some time where we've been will appear too.

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!


4 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Those are really cute pictures of Jacobeon! I love the bear outfit. What happened you your van that is making it take so long to fix? Hope that gets finished soon...

Charlotte said...

Gosh- good luck with your car! And be VERY careful driving back. I got stuck at my parent's house while our car was being fixed (only for a week) and literally within 6 hours of picking it up from the shop I totalled it by hitting a deer.

I laughed out loud at Jeffery trying to sleep with Amri. I woke up the other night with Alivia screaming... Sam had sleep walked and climbed into her bed and she was furious! I hope Amri handles it better than Alivia did. :)

And Jacobeon is precious. One of the photos looks exactly like Jeffery to me.

Falon Felsted said...

Darling pictures! He is a keeper :)

charity eyre wright said...

cambria! he is so so so cute! oh i want to meet your children! how i miss you and tyson! you guys are one (two? five?) of a kind.
love you and miss you!! i need to start following your blog!