Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Food Fest Fun. . .Halloween Style!

Captain Tootsie

Princess Tiger Lily

Each semester BYU-Hawaii has what they call Food Fest. It's one of the biggest events of each semester. It's basically a fund raiser for all the clubs, and it's way fun, and yummy! Most of it is authentic food. . .so the Taiwanese Club makes Taiwanese food, the Samoan club makes Samoan food. . .etc.

This time, there was a little Halloween parade for all the kids at the beginning of food fest. Tyson is now on BYUHSA (like student government) and helped direct it and take photos. I just got to push the kiddos around ;-)


This is a bunch of kids before the parade.
I think this kid had the best costume. He even had gold elastic around his wrists as bracelets.
This is Jeffrey and his novia "Pebbles". You may recognize her from the Easter Egg Hunt pictures.
Jeffrey and Cambria really enjoying the Samoan dish. The horchata from the Latino club was also the best we've ever had.
Jeffrey doing what he loves best--pushing the stroller! He pushes it wherever he can, even in the apartment, and screams if it hits a wall or something and stops moving. That's my little man!

2 comments:

Falon Felsted said...

What a handsome Captain Tootsie and beautiful Princess Tiger Lily! I've never seen a tootsie roll costume before - love it! Wish we could have joined you at the Food Fest - YUMMMM!!

KP said...

Oh, that's absolutely adorable. I think I'm going to be a tootsie roll for Halloween next year.