Thursday, October 29, 2009

The difference between boys and girls


These are Amri's pretty little fingernails. As well as having long hair she was born with very long nails as well. But that's not the difference between her fingernails and Jeffrey's. The difference is that they're clean. I don't know how Jeffrey did it, but ever since he was a week old he ALWAYS had dirt under his fingernails. . .which really confused me. He was always either in the house, in his car seat, or in my arms--I never put him directly on the ground unless a clean blanket was under him, and I routinely cleaned under his fingernails. Go figure.


Speaking of nails, we had a spa night for a Relief Society activity two Wednesdays ago, which was really fun. We had massages from a couple of professional women in the ward, did facials, ate junk food like coconut rolls and pumpkin cookies, had foot soaks in vibrating hot water, and pedicures. My pedicure happened to match my shirt that night, as you can see. The next day my brother came over and saw my feet and commented that he'd never seen my toenails painted before. That's probably true. It's because they're only painted when someone else does them, which only happens ever 3-5 years. Ha ha.


And here is a picture of our cute Amri. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE putting big bows in her hair! It's so fun having a little girl! I'm becoming more girly than I ever have in my life.


No comments: