{I wrote parts of this way before our anniversary, and then the rest the day of our anniversary. . . and once again I was waiting to get pictures on to post. It still hasn't happened, but it will. Here's the text in the meantime}
The past few weeks I've been thinking about how amazing the last 8 (seriously, 8?!) years have been. I'm celebrating a few fun facts that have come along with those 8 years:
8 years
7 foreign countries both visited since we met (Canada, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Mexico--together, Germany, France--separate)
6 kids
5 degrees
4 college towns lived in
3 vehicles bought
2 homes purchased
1 dog
8 random things we have in common (these are things outside of our control--not, "we both like reading, or whatever)
Both born in Utah
Both born in cities that start with O
Both raised in cities that start with W (Weldon, West Haven)
Both have 3 brothers
Same last four digits of our social security number (LOVE this--it's SO convenient!)
Both exactly average height for our genders
Both right handed
We both come from pretty spectacular families :)
We celebrated our anniversary by having a nice dinner. I had bought some steaks earlier, then while I was making it, I realized I could put a dinner together that represented each state we've lived in. Tyson had to guess which food represented which state, and he got them all right :)
We went and did sealings at the Temple that day, then on Thursday we celebrated a bit more by going out to dinner at Cafe Rio and seeing an opening showing of Mockingjay 2. I enjoyed it, and it helped me visualize a few things I couldn't picture from the book, but I think I liked the first couple of movies better.
Anyways, it was a GREAT day. I feel like something magical is happening in our marriage. . .it's like after 8 years of living our dreams and disappointments together that we understand each other on a whole new level. . .kind of like we took a quantum leap. I'm so thankful for the last 8 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment