Sunday, August 24, 2014

We must be crazy

We made a decision. . .and we're buying a house. It's smaller than the apartment we are renting now, but it has a big back yard that is nearly fenced in (and we will finish fencing it), and the space will be ours. And if we stay two years, then we will be saving money instead of pouring it into rent.

We close next week, and then I'll spend a few days repainting/getting new carpet/getting new windows in hopefully before we move in. It's older (built in 1976) and still has the orange shag carpet in the master bedroom from the 70's. I know it's frivolous, but it's going. We'll finish moving in just before Tyson starts teaching full time. Our 20th (or 21st? I've lost count) move in less than 7 years. I'm going to be cleaning and packing all between 2 of our children's birthdays as well, so we'll see what kind of celebration they end up getting.

Here's to a wild ride the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Good luck on the move!

just a little bit mo said...

Congrats! We've really enjoyed having our own place, own yard, etc.

I know your feeling that pulling out "perfectly good" shag carpet is frivolous, but let me congratulate you on your decision to do it anyway! I've had similar inner debates over some of my own home improvements and let me assure you 1) you will be happier in surroundings that, well, make you happy; 2) you're increasing the value/future sell-ability (is that a word?) of your home exponentially.

Love you and best to all of you!