Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Day of Firsts

Me: Jeffrey, you wore that shirt last year on your birthday. Don't you want to wear a different one?
Jeffrey: No, mom. I still like it.
Me: Could you change into a different one for your picture?
Jeffrey: No. I still like it. It can be the same.
This week we celebrated Jeffrey's sixth birthday. It's still unreal. My six year old!

We started off early and made him breakfast in bed with all his favorite foods. Tyson and I took it in--me singing happy birthday, and him playing it on the kazoo.

Jeffrey's picture on his door of what he wanted for his birthday
 We had to get going pretty early, because it was also the first day of first grade, and it starts way too early (8:05). This new schedule is going to rock my world. We don't even have breakfast until 8 AM typically. Things are going to have to change around here. . .

 Not at all excited, right?
Jeffrey was especially excited, when I told him that morning, that Daddy was starting his first day of work the same day that Jeffrey was starting the first day of school. He just got the hugest smile on his face. He adores Tyson and wants to be just like him.

 Tyson dropped us off at Jeffrey's elementary then drove to work as I walked him in. His teacher was all ready for his birthday.


 And then I had to squash two kids in my stroller to walk home since Xi somehow snuck into the van without any shoes on. This was just too cute. The same little eyes.

Conversation with Jeffrey after school:
Me-How was school?
Jeffrey-Good.
Me-Who do you sit by?
Jeffrey-I don't know.
Me-What did you have for lunch?
Jeffrey-What they had for lunch.
Me-Did you play on the swings or slides at recess?
Jeffrey-I don't know. Guess what? We had two or three recesses!
Me--And did you play on the slides or the swings?
Jeffrey-The slides.

Super descriptive first day of school.

Another funny quote this week, as I've been packing all our stuff. I was taping some boxes up with our packing tape and Amri comes up to me.
Amri: Mom, is that goose tape?
(As opposed to "duck" tape)

1 comment:

Colby and MyKel said...

Cute! I love that picture of Miri and Xi together! They are adorable!