Sunday, October 27, 2013

Six Years Ago Today

We drove to Montana in the middle of the night. Tyson miraculously pulled out some strawberry cheesecake about 11:30PM in the middle of nowhere.

We made it to his grandparents' home about 4AM. I met his grandparents the next day at breakfast.
 Tyson kidnapped me to Canada (I seriously had no idea we were going there) and proposed
 I accepted his engagement rings.


Now I look at these and think, "What was I doing in sweat pants the whole time?" What can I say, I like to travel in comfort. It really was a total surprise that we ended up in Canada and he proposed. 
 We ran out of gas 10 miles outside of Rexburg. 
Tyson wanted to run the rest of the way back, but I persuaded him to hail down a truck to pull us. 



 We finished off the cheesecake with Griffin, 
the first person to know of our engagement on the Hazard side of the family.

I loved every part of Tyson's huge proposal scheme. 
One of the happiest, funnest, most dream fulfilling weekends of my life!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't wait to read your memoir someday because you have more amazing stories to tell than any six people I've ever known. :) Happy engagementaversary.

Katie said...

You two are the most creative people I know! I love it :)

Amber said...

I LOVE this! You told me your engagement story a while back so seeing the pictures makes it so much fun!!! And I LOVE your family picture on top of your blog...oh and I also love your list of 100 things about you... so cool :) We sure miss you guys. Hope you have a VERY merry Christmas and good luck this last month of pregnancy. So happy for you!