This week started out with a bang-literally. Sunday night/Monday morning I heard Jeffrey crying about 3 AM and went to see what was wrong. He was traumatized-breathing ragged, but soft, and crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "My arm hurts."
"Did you fall out of bed?" (He sleeps on a top bunk)
"No, I didn't"
Not sure what happened (did he sleep on it wrong? pull it somehow?) I moved it a bit, seeing if it was nursemaid's elbow or something to pop it back in, which has happened. It never popped back in, but I asked him if it felt better, and he said yes. I put him back in bed, and it took him a while to calm down, but he went back to sleep and so did I.
The next morning he got up and dressed himself, but then complained at breakfast that it hurt. A while later, while playing he said it hurt again and wanted to go to the doctor (to get a sucker.) I watched him move it just fine and play with it, pick things up with it. I just sat and watched him for a while, and he didn't seem to be favoring it in any way, so I went upstairs to my room to get some things done. Two minutes later I heard him screaming and crying, and came down to him lying on the couch saying it hurt. Really, the only reason I took him to the doctor was because once when he was one, he broke his arm, and it took us THREE days to figure it out (he must have such a high pain tolerance--I have videos of him playing on the floor laughing with baby Amri before we figured out it was broken!) I took him to the doc, who also didn't think it was broken after pushing and pulling on his wrist without any response from Jeffrey, but decided to x-ray it just to be safe.
It is. Jeffrey has a buckle fracture. I still think he fell out of the bed, but he denies it. Tyson think it may have happened the night before while the kids were spinning and flinging themselves out of this chair:
But I think he would have at least said something or cried out if that had happened. At any rate this is his cast:
Which, as you can see, he can slide his hand out of at will because his arm is so dang small! I must admit though, it did come in handy to take it off when we went swimming at the school pool on Saturday.Amri in her new outfit from Grandma Jones (thanks!).
If one person gets a ponytail, they all have to have one. . .

![]() |
| Um, is it so hard get all three kids to smile and look at the same time?!? |
Jeffrey discovered the joys of turning the sled into a race track.


One cute baby--maybe one day we will capture a view of his four teeth on top as well as the two on bottom.
St. Patrick's Day was a major holiday for us growing up--as in we actually had a tradition. It wasn't green eggs. But after the idea of blending up eggs with spinach (thanks, Char!) I'm adding it in.

See that circle around the tree? That's a fairy ring. We skip around it and sing a song about leprechauns.
![]() |
| We seriously have everyone-looking-good in a picture this week. |
Then the leprechauns (or lepers, as Amri calls them) leave us a note that we find as we go back into the house)
![]() |
| Amri added her artwork later. |
And then we find the pot of gold! Too bad Xi doesn't get any--or maybe he did.
St. Patrick's Day dinner: Corned Beef with Cabbage, Irish Soda Bread, and Pistachio Pudding Squares
WARNING: NOT A PRETTY PICTURE BELOW!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!





















No comments:
Post a Comment