I love goals. This is probably not news to anyone who's read my blog. I'm can't exactly pinpoint why or when they became so important to me, but I love having a sense of direction as I'm doing them, and a sense of accomplishment as I complete them.
I had a lot of goals last year, and while I completed quite a few, I want to be able to complete more this year. So I'm tracking my progress using google.docs, and it's really helping as I'm seeing what I'm completing and what I'm not as I do a little accountability chart every Sunday.
These are my goals for the year:
Spiritual:
1-Read the Book of Mormon as a Family--read together DAILY
2-Wake up by 7AM, 6 days a week
3-Make a scripture study plan each Sunday
4- Attend Temple 12 times
5-Sing every Sunday
6-Read New Testament
7-Go to one new Temple
8-Journal every day
9-Plan FHE on Sunday
44-Plan Joy School/kids plans on Sunday
Wife
10-
11-Family Vacation
12-Planning Meeting Each Week
13-Monthly Service Project
14-Blog once a week
15-make homemaking binder
Mom
16-Take Jeffrey on an outing once a month
17-Paint Amri’s nails each week
18-Spend 30 minutes one-on-one time with Jacob each week
19-Take pictures of Xandir each week
20-Joy School with Jeffrey and Amri
21-Finish teaching Jeffrey to read
22-Get halfway through reading book with Amri
|
Personal
23-Practice taking pictures of the kids each month, and edit pictures in photoshop
24-Read 25 books
25-Listen to an audiobook from the library
26- Make bread with natural yeast
27- Either run or do exercise videos an hour a week
28-Make one French Cuisine recipe
29-Budget every month
30-Crosstitch once a month
31-Finish Christmas shopping by December 1!!!
32-2 non sugar weeks a month
Monthly Projects
33-Re-certify my nursing license
34-Send pictures to friends from mission
35-Finish mission scrapbook
36-Listen to all the Michel Thomas French CDs.
37-Speak in Spanish an hour a day
38-Finish “parenting” class
39-Take “Butterfly” class
40-Finish Jacob’s Baby Book
41-Make Xandir’s Baby Book
42-Finish Jacob and Xi’s Baby Calendars
Siblings:
43-Email my brothers weekly with the funny things my kids said that week
|
I broke them down into daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. My daily goals are to read the Book of Mormon as a family daily (family=usually 5/6 of us, but occasionally just Tyson and I when things are crazy) and write in my journal. We haven't missed a day of "family" scriptures, probably thanks to a little Book of Mormon chart I printed off the first day of the year. Really, it's amazing how tracking progress can make goals just take off. I've missed only two days of my journal.
Next are my weekly goals. I did horrible at my weekly goals last year. Now I'm pleased to say I'm doing much, much better now, thanks to this chart. I tried taking screen shots from google.docs so you can see, but they turned out a little small:
Monthly goals, that I was so good at last year, I'm not doing so well on. My worst goal is to do something with photoshop each month. But I did something today for the first time this year! Yay!
Year goals! I've decided to possibly divide my goals into quarters. A year is just too long to be worried about whether or not I'm going to complete it. Also, I've been kind of adding goals as well, and doing goals by quarter gives me more freedom to be more flexible and add and drop goals as the year goes on. Because, let's face it, you can never plan out a year perfectly!
This week I'm really going to try and finish my gaol to mail pictures to the people in my mission we visited last summer. Hooray!





1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this, Cambria! This has actually given me some good ideas for goal-setting for myself--my New Year's resolution this year was basically keep the baby alive. So far so good. But you've inspired me to do better! Good luck working on them!
Post a Comment