Sunday, September 30, 2012

This week

Dooley's Knob
We had a fun week together. Amri and Jeffrey had two more soccer games--Jeffrey scored a couple of goals, and Amri actually stayed on the field for a whole quarter (5 minutes) instead of walking off the last game. We played at a park, and on Saturday we drove to Antelope Island and did a three mile hike to the top of a peak. I'm proud to say that Jeffrey and Amri hiked the whole way. Tyson, Jacob and Jeffrey also walked out to the Great Salt Lake and played on the beach.

Other than that, Tyson has been working on putting in a new engine for someone, and I've been having fun selling things on ebay. I made a goal to make a profit of $140 (after all fees, shipping costs, etc.) in the past month, and I've exceeded my goal. Some of the things I'm selling are things we no longer need or have meant to sell for a long time, but the majority of it comes from my parents. They just have a lot of stuff that they have never used, and are finally willing to part with them if I sell them and give them half of the profit. My mom also received a ton of stuff from a friend who moved out of state, and we're going through all of it and selling most of that as well. I love de-cluttering, so it's a fun project to watch things get cleaned out as I ship them away. In the last week I've sent three packages internationally--to Japan, Italy, and Australia.

We're still contemplating all of the possibilities of what we want to do or where we want to go, but for now we're content to be with family in Utah. It's been a great week.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

That photo just makes me smile. Only YOU would be sitting on top of a mountain with four little kids AND a smile on your face.

I just love you. You're amazing. :)

just a little bit mo said...

It feels so good to de-clutter, doesn't it? I just went through that a couple months back. But now . . . hahaha! . . . as time will have it, we're going through the exact opposite! We just inherited a bunch of hand-me-downs from Jon's grandma. It's nicer stuff (for the most part) than what we had, but now I feel a need to get rid of more stuff. Good luck with selling stuff! I hope you fetch good prices on them all!