Sunday, February 19, 2012

Amri

Cambria: Amri! Please get over here! We are waiting!
Amri: (Smiling sweetly, slightly twirling, and using a dreamy voice) Mommy, I'm an angel!

Amri: (Running into the bathroom) Mommy, I need to go pee-pee!
C: Okay Amri, go pee-pee.
A: No, I don't need to go pee-pee anymore.
C: Yes, you do. You can't come out until you go pee pee. Please sit on the toilet and go. (Put on the cushy tushy ring for inside the toilet. Amri starts going towards the toilet. Cambria walks out.)
~five minutes later~
C: (walks in bathroom, Amri is on the floor with a small hand towel) What are you doing?!
A: (with a huge smile) Mommy, I'm wiping up my pee-pee!

Jeffrey walks down the hall with a crayon in one hand, leaving a line of green on the wall. He is immediately told he has to wipe it off and given a wet rag. He starts to wipe, but also is complaining that it's too hard. I'm listening from my bedroom as I file papers. Enter Amri.
J: It's too hard!
A: It's too hard? I will help you. Okay? (takes rag and starts to wipe. I get another rag so they both can wipe down the walls)
A: Jeffrey, look, it's coming off! Oh nice! Do you need more water on your rag? (water running in bathroom. Water ends up all over bathroom and hall floor since they have no concept of wringing out the rags)
A: Here Jeff! You like the water?!
Enter Cambria: What is all this water on the floor? Wipe it up please!
A: Oh Okay!!! (wipes up all the water)
C: Please keep wiping the wall
A: Okay Mommy! I love you Mommy!

A: (C walking into the living room) Mommy, you are so cute!
C: Thank you Amri! You are so cute too!
A: No, I'm not cute! I'm Amri!

Tyson bought me some surprise flowers on Friday (February 10). Amri was enthralled with them. Almost daily we have a conversation like this:
A: Mommy, are these your flowers?
C: Yes.
A: Did Daddy and Santa Claus give them to you?
C: Daddy gave them to me.
A: Oh. Do you like your flowers?
C: Yes I love my flowers.
A: Can I touch/smell/have one?
(inevitably she ends up picking one or destroying one ;)


I love my little angel.


3 comments:

Alyssa said...

My fav: I love you mommy after you discipline her. I told that story of eating at the table to Leslie and the grandparents and they were cracking up so hard.

The Hargrave Family said...

What a cutie you have! And she is getting so big! I love your family!

Jared and Sierra said...

Amri is so funny! i loved this.