Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jeffrey's Third Birthday and other weekly events




Jeffrey had his third birthday yesterday. No more three kids under three. . .now we just have three kids, three and under. What a milestone.

We started off his birthday singing "Happy Birthday" and walking in his bedroom with 3 candles in a couple of pancakes, which he liked. We kept asking him how old he was all day, and he kept saying "one" until we would hold up 3 fingers, then he'd reply "three." We then headed to a surprise location, aka the zoo. Jeffrey LOVES the zoo and has been talking about it for the last few months (even though we haven't been since before Jacob was born). Needless to say, he was super excited when we pulled in. He also got free ice cream and carousel ride for his birthday as well (so did Amri, since we told them her birthday is in a week). We came home, I made a cake while he napped, had a bbq of hotdogs, opened presents, and watched his favorite movie, "Cars". I think it was his most exciting birthday yet (probably because we actually made such a big deal about it this year ;-).

Other fun things we did this week: planted our first garden! Tyson called me up on his way home from school suggesting we go seed shopping, so we walked over to the store and bought a small variety as well as a shovel. By the time we got home, it was dark, but it didn't keep Tyson from pulling out his work light, pulling the weeds, and digging up the garden area. Wednesday we planted peas, broccoli, radishes, arugula, spinach, and lettuce, and by Saturday we could already see little sprouts coming up! So exciting!

I also took the kids swimming a couple times this week and a friend's neighborhood pool. It was way fun. It's been a really, really good week.

Here is us, planting our little garden!
Last day of being 2.
Fun at the water park!


3 comments:

Camber said...

That looks like such a fun week! I'm a little jealous of your garden plot. I love Amri's ice cream face picture!

The Hazard Family said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun week, and the garden plot looks great. It was good to see all of you this summer. We love you! Greg

Five Bresees said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks. Last time I saw you guys he was so little! Happy Birthday!!