This last week Tyson and I were on a river trip with his parents, siblings, and a couple of cousins on Hell's Canyon on the Snake River in Idaho. It was a long week, but most of it was fun. The rapids were HUGE. I've never seen anything as big as Granite Rapid, and it was pretty terrifying. . .especially since two weeks ago, on a little, dinky, class I river I got sucked under a rock and was down for so long I was wondering if I'd ever see my children again when I finally surfaced. But we all made it through and it was good. My parents and Tyson's grandparents watched the kids for the week. I was glad to see them again. Tyson's still in Idaho and going to be taking down a group of 55 scouts down the Salmon this week. That should be pretty intense. Then as soon as he gets back we're heading to California his extended family reunion, and then after that we'll head back to COLORADO! I'm getting more and more excited to head back to the little place we call home.
Jacob is getting closer and closer to crawling now. He can get from a sitting position to his hands and knees, will grab something, rock back and forth, and then go back to sitting. He's got two little teeth (finally!) and is still so happy and cute. Amri gets more verbal every day. Last Sunday during Sacrament I entertained Amri and Jeffrey by showing them pictures in the back of my scriptures--temples, maps, etc. Today half way through Sacrament Amri climbed on my lap with my scriptures and started patiently turning through all the pages. Then she started turning them not so patiently. Finally she stopped and demanded in her little girl voice, "I WANT TO SEE AFWICA!" I quickly turned to the world map in the back and pointed it out. The rest of the meeting she happily switched between saying and pointing, "This is Afwica." Then she'd move her finger, "This is Austwalia." She knows both of them and which is which. She makes me laugh. I can't believe she'll be two in September. And that Jeffrey is going to be 3 in less than four weeks! Crazy. Jeffrey acts older all the time. He's always trying to make little deals with me, like, "Jeffrey goes potty, Jeffrey gets BIG TREAT! Jeffrey goes potty, then Jeffrey WATCH A MOVIE!" Usually he gets a small gummy candy and then a book to read. I'm not a huge fan of movies.
Tyson still has the camera, so I don't have any pictures from this last week, but here are a few pics of other things we've done in the summer:
6 comments:
So good to hear something about Hells Canyon. I know Granite rapid is the first swim I ever had in a raft and I flipped my boat of paddlers on the left edge of the first big wave. And my friend Dan said, "Alyssa you don't have to scout this rapid, it's easy!" shame on him! I see what you mean about the rock now. How scary!!! Our poor little IK looks bad, I'm just glad it all worked out in the end, but scary!!!! I bet you are excited to be going home soon. You are lucky to have a home! Let's hang out this week Cambria, I'm going crazy here!
Here's a link to a video of me dump trucking it in Granite, but they missed the actual flip. There's more posts there about my trip on Hells Canyon.
http://alyssagarbett.blogspot.com/2009/05/dump-truck.html
I love reading your blog. The excitement never ends!! We are excited to see all of you at the family reunion in a few days. As far as Granite . . . the term we've been using for scary stuff lately is "a little scary . . . a little fun." We coined this term when Bennett flew off the innertube behind the boat at Griff's house. See you soon. Love, Greg
Hi! Glad you guys are having fun. When do you get back??
Oh my goodness Cambria-- your summer has been insane! You are seriously a super mom. I have no idea how you make this all work with your three tiny kids (which look sooo adorable btw!) Excited to see you soon!
Tyson ran Granite on a tube and hit the rapid perfectly. I followed him in an oar boat and it was fun! Big Water!
Don
Post a Comment