Today was great. Tyson came home early (he recently decided to just quit work since we have enough to get through the semester so we could enjoy our final months living in Hawaii. . .and it has been AWESOME). The kids finished their naps. We went to the beach and surfed, trying out a new camera that attaches to the surf board. Tyson got some sweet video of himself surfing with that camera (I got some silly video of me paddling out. . . I'm still working on getting up). We decided to go to the cafeteria for dinner, which was a GREAT decision. It just happened to be the night the cafeteria is celebrating Chinese New Year (which is actually Saturday) and so the whole place was decked out. We had rice, some kind of little Chinese tortilla-looking thing with duck in it, some kind of duck soup, egg rolls, bubble drink (yummy!) and I can't remember what else. We came home, tucked the kids in, and watched some of "Prince Caspian" for Tyson's class on a borrowed laptop, until the owner needed it back to write a paper. (This is also a borrowed laptop I'm writing on, that an amazing friend has graciously allowed us to use for the semester. However, it's a mini-one, and has no CD/DVD drive).
Hooray for today. Hooray for tomorrow. We have no idea where we're going to be for the next five years, as we are still waiting to hear back from graduate schools we've applied to, and we have no idea where we'll even be five months from now. And that's super exciting. Sometimes I think, "I have NO IDEA what Heavenly Father's plan for me is the next little while. . .and I'm so excited to find out!!!" It's so comforting to know that even when we don't know what the plan is, my Father in Heaven does.
So tomorrow we should hear back from the first graduate school, and in the next couple months we'll hear from the rest. I'm sure we'll eventually post what we're going to be doing. But right now, I'm just happy to be in Today and loving it.
3 comments:
Cambria thanks for being such an example to me about living in the moment. I am definitely doing better about that but I worry so much about what the future holds. You are so right that even if I don't know Heavenly Father does and I need to trust that. Thanks!!!
I can't wait to hear about the broken arm, Christmas, Scuba certification, and everything else. Don't leave me hanging:)
ENJOY HAWAII!
I agree with Manda. ha ha! have fun there! I'm glad you'll have more time with Ty. Enjoy, I'm sure you will!
I am glad you guys have more time now together to enjoy Hawaii. I look forward to hearing what happens with the grad school thing...
Post a Comment