This is it, folks. If you all thought yesterday was going to be the big day (like we did), it wasn't. It's going to be today.
I've been having contractions the past two days/nights, but although they sometimes come as close as two minutes apart, they are just not regular and putter out. Wednesday afternoon/evening I was pretty sure that I would be in active labor by late that night or early morning by all the contractions I was having. The trouble all started when the hospital called late Wednesday night and said they were totally full and to call at 9AM to see if they had discharged enough people to get me in for my induction. Bah. I was still thinking I was going into labor on my own and had an intense hour between 3-4AM but once again the contractions stopped. I called at 9AM and they said they were not ready and might not be ready until the afternoon, and to wait for them to call. After a long, frustrating day my CNM called at 3:15 and told me that the hospital I was planning to go to was COMPLETELY full (they were monitoring some patient in the doctor's lounge because they didn't have enough room) and they wouldn't schedule me until SUNDAY. Yes, folks, SUNDAY. So at that point she called another hospital and I called my insurance and we worked it out so I will go to a different hospital (the same one I was born in. . .only it's not the same one because they built a new one with the same name a few blocks away from where I was acutally born) TODAY, which is much better than SUNDAY. With that kind of news my irregular contractions happily kicked back in. I went in to my midwife anyway for a quick check-up and I'm dilated to 3cm, which is an improvement over the 1cm I've been the last few weeks. I guess these contractions are doing something!
Anyway, we've really enjoyed our last week of being a threesome. Thursday was Jeffrey's birthday, Friday was his party, Saturday we went swimming with him which he LOVES (thanks Nate and Rebecca!), Sunday we saw all my family at a cousin's farewell, and the last three days we've had fun hanging out together and getting the last few things ready before we had the baby--like swinging time outside, little walks, a picnic (that turned out to be indoors ;-), and birthday pictures for Jeffrey. And yesterday after all that emotional waiting Tyson took me out to Olive Garden for dinner, just the two of us, which was so sweet of him.
I'm excited to meet our new little Hazard today! It is crazy to think that just over a year ago I became a mom when little Jeffrey came. I've loved this last year having my one little baby and it's strange to think he won't be an only child anymore. I have to admit I'm a little worried about the transition from going to one kid to two (like, will I be able to give enough time and love for both? Will I ever have time for ME again? Will Jeffrey handle it okay?) but I'm a lot more excited than worried. I've wanted to be a mom my whole life and I love it. Being Jeffrey's mom and Tyson's wife this last year has been the best.
Another good contraction just kicked in so maybe I will go wake up Tyson now and head out. I'm really tired of all this waiting, and I even if these contractions putter out again, I'm supposed to be in the hospital in about three hours anyway.
This is it!
2 comments:
Cambria, I read your blog post while I was feeding Abe super early this morning and when I went back to bed I dreamt that you had twins!!! Anyway, I hope all goes well!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I just heard you had your baby (from my mom)! I also know the sex of your cute little one, but wont say it here in case you wanted to announce it yourself. I will, however, say that I am so dang excited for you!!! We love you all!
Post a Comment