Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

So, we've been slackers at this blog thing this summer, and don't (at least I don't) have a good excuse really for that. Oh well!

This is just a quick summery of what's been going on the last couple of months--Tyson took 12 credit hours at BYU during summer term, and it was pretty intense. He would leave Monday and Wednesday at 6 AM to get to the train a couple miles from my house, study during a three hour commute to Provo, sit through 8 hours of classes solid from 10AM to 6PM, and then endure another three hour commute back to Ogden (where we've been staying with my parents) to come back and eat dinner at 9:30AM. It made for a long, 15 hour day. Thursdays he left around 9AM and got back at 9PM to have four hours of classes that day, and then left 6AM Fridays and got back around 5PM. He would spend a total of 24 hours a week on the commute, which was great, uninterrupted homework time (which he did not get while at home), but the sad thing was, even with all that homework time on the bus/train, he still had several hours worth of homework on top of that that he was constantly having to work on. Fortunately, as of Aug. 12, all of that is OVER and he did AMAZING and he is officially finished with all the classes he needs for his Spanish major. When we go back to Hawaii it will just be a few more GE's and math classes to finish up his math major. Go Tyson!

Other than that, I've had fun watching Jeffrey grow and change so much this summer (although we both missed Tyson a lot) and this baby inside of me is growing like crazy. This is a small run down of his/her growth the past month:
-At 31 1/2 weeks the baby was estimated to weigh 4lbs. 11 oz.
-Two weeks later at 33 1/2 weeks I measured 29 cm (I always measure really small, I never got over 36 cm with Jeffrey and he went to almost 41 weeks), the baby's head measured at 37 1/2 weeks, and was over five pounds.
-At 35 1/2 weeks the baby's head was measuring 39 1/2 weeks and the baby was about 6 lbs. 2 oz (oh dear!) and I still have a full month for the baby to grow!
-At 36 1/2 weeks the baby is about 6 1/2 lbs.
And I have another appointment today. . .we'll see what it brings.

If I didn't know better, I would just hope that the ultrasound measurements are wrong--and they can be wrong up to a pound. My midwife was sure my last ultrasound with Jeffrey was off when it calculated him to be over 8 lbs. and I was still only measuring 36 cm. But no, the ultrasound was dead on, with Jeffrey weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. She was pretty shocked. So we've scheduled an induction on September 3 for the following reasons:
1. I really don't want to have a 9lb baby.
2. I really, really don't want to have a 9lb. baby--especially one that has a huge head like this one.
3. We fly back to Hawaii September 17, so this will give us two full weeks with the baby before we have to fly back.
4. We'll be able to bless our new baby over Labor Day weekend (September 6) so Tyson's family can be there. Anyone in the area is welcome to come, it'll be at 11AM. It's funny how we'll be having baby blessings on Labor Day weekend two years in a row.

As far as Jeffrey, he makes me laugh so much. He turns one a week from today. This summer he has progressed from pulling himself up to stand, to crawling, to standing on his own, and taking a few tentative steps. He loves the water and rock climbing (we have to be careful when we're in people's yards that have those huge, decorative rocks) and the dog Alonzo. He's currently got 9 teeth that have come through, two of them molars, and his favorite food is meat. It's been so fun this first year and I'm looking forward to all the future ones to come with him.

So that's about it, except that Tyson is currently gallavanting off in Canada with Donny and Colby, the three of them leading some rafting expedition with a few others along for the ride. He should be home tomorrow or Saturday and I can't wait.

It's been a great summer and great to see our families. My youngest brother just got home from his mission and this is the first time in almost 6 years my family has been all together--my brothers and I kept overlapping missions by two weeks or a month. I love being able to spend time with them and Tyson's family when they have come up. There will never be another summer like it again likely, but I'm kind of excited about that because you never know what the future will bring.

1 comment:

Five Bresees said...

Hey! You're coming back! Did you guys get back into TVA? You know that apartment you guys had in N building? No one is living in it now because I guess they found black mold. Crazy, huh? Can't wait to see you guys!