Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jeffrey @ 6 months

Jeffrey turned 6 months on Friday, February 27 (yes, I know that was a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have the camera this last week to upload them). He's getting so big!--at least to us. At his doctor appointment that day he weighed 13 lbs. 2 oz (which is really small for his age--like 5th percentile) and is 26 1/2 inches (50th percentile). He rolls over well, can push himself up with both arms straight, and can sit by himself for a couple of minutes until he tips over. The Hawaii sun is bleaching the red out of his hair and putting into his face (I miss that reddish tint!) His super blond hair is getting longer and thicker. He's eaten everything we've given him so far and loves it--all types of baby cereal, applesauce, prunes, bananas, avocados, yams, green beans, bread, apple juice, and even tiny pieces of corn chips.

Jeffrey is kind of like a cat. He's very observant of everything going on around him but usually pretty quiet (unless we're in the library--then he takes to shrieking). He loves it if you hang something over him and he can grab and bat at it just like at cat, and then he laughs if you pull it away after you have it. When we put him on the couch he loves to scratch the fabric with his fingernails.





When we got to Hawaii we didn't have a bed for Jeffrey, so he slept in a suitcase.

Two days before his birthday I found this pack 'n play in the FREEBIE bin!!! Happy 6 month birthday, Jeffrey!!!



He loves the swing.

This is after we took him out of the swing.

So strong, Jeffrey!!!

He is always encouraging everyone to eat healthy. He himself sucks on apple slices and slowly wears them down with his two bottom teeth (we tried to get a picture of his teeth, but he wouldn't cooperate).

Holding the bottle even in his sleep!

Typical morning prayer position--Jeffrey ready to go, his daddy still in la-la land.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I miss Jeffrey! Thanks for giving us a peak at how he is doing nowadays.

T-rent said...

Lil' Jeffrey looks so much like both of you, he is a cutie!
-Manda

Dana said...

ok. he's still the cutest baby. EVER. Miss you all so much!!

oh, and I definitely had a dream this week that I babysat Jeffrey while you guys were at the hospital having baby #2. And it made me really sad that I won't be there! Hopefully I'll get to come see you soon. ish. Loves loves loves!!!

Madi said...

I love Jeffrey!!