Thursday, October 1, 2015

Baby birthdays

I figure I better update this blog while I have a little time between my master's degree being done and before this next baby comes :) I'm going on a little rant--my baby's birthdays.

When Tyson and I first got married and were expecting Jeffrey, we realized he was going to be born in 8/08. Awesome! we thought. We could have a baby in 8/08, 9/09, 10/10, etc. Maybe the babies would cooperate and even get triple digits, like 8/8/08 or something. Little Jeffrey was due 8/21/08, but my mom's first kids were two weeks early, so I figured it was possible.

Jeffrey was late, so 8/8/08 didn't work out--however, we scheduled an induction for when I was 41 weeks so Tyson could get to school on time--8/28/08. Still cool. No. Little Jeffrey came 8/27/08, missing a cool birthday by one day.

Amri's birthday was more my fault. She was due 9/7/09, and if she had followed the trend of every other baby I've had (late!), she totally could have been born on 9/9/09. But we were moving to Hawaii in less than two weeks, and I wanted her to be more than a week old when we flew, so I scheduled an induction on 9/3/09. I still liked the date--3 being a factor of 9. No. The hospital got filled and put off my induction until 3 days later. I actually ended up switching hospitals to get in the next day, so she's 9/4/09.

Jacob--we purposely waited an extra month to get pregnant so I could finish getting my scuba certification in Hawaii, so we missed the 10/10 mark, but his due date was 11/11/10, so it was still somewhat coordinated. No. Missed it by a day--11/12/10, and I get confused and thrown off every time I have to say or write his birthday.

Xi--to me he was due 5/3, but according to some of my medical paperwork, the office calculated it as 5/5. No. Missed it by a day again. 5/6/2012.

Miri--Nothing in particular special about the day she was due (1/23/2014, by ultrasound, or 1/26 by EDC) but I liked 1/26/15, and I wanted her to come on that day or the 24th. Any day but the 25th--a girl who had been my friend in elementary, but turned out super vicious in Jr. high, had that birthday. Of course, Miri came on that day.

So this little baby is due 10/5/2015. I like it--10+5=15. I really, really, really would like my baby to cooperate and have a cool or mathematical birthday. If it's not on that day, I'd prefer on odd day (10/1, 10/3, etc) than an even day.

We'll see if this baby cooperates.

At least it will be in October. Tyson wants each baby to have their own birth month, and because of low fluid levels it was possible I was going to be induced in the last week, in September. Thankfully we avoided that. :) It will be interesting to see what day this baby will take.  

1 comment:

Camber said...

Haha, I love it! I'm glad someone else is nerdy enough to care about the numbers involved in birthdays. Personally, I'm stressed out because my husband and I and our first two kids all have even-numbered birth years and days, but this baby will be born in 2015. Will he be an outcast? The black sheep of the family? Will this doom him to a life of misery? Probably. Poor kid. Hope yours cooperates this time :)