Late last night we pulled into our driveway. Once again we were somehow locked out--both of the keys we had unlocked only the deadbolt but not the lock on the doorknob. Thankfully, Tyson was able to get in through a window, so we didn't have to sleep in our yard in a foot of snow.
Once we got inside we realized all our pipes had frozen. While we've been gone, it had been -20 degrees Fahrenheit during the nights and a high of 4 degrees during the day. Fortunately, we again averted anything serious. We turned up the thermostat and after an hour Tyson went out and put a couple of space heaters in the crawl space under the house, and within 5 minutes water was running again.
We had a great Christmas in Weldon, California with Tyson's family and a fantastic birthday for me with my family this week. I still can't believe it's 2015. 2014 was the fastest year of my life. I never really made written goals during 2014, just had a few in my head, and I didn't feel like I accomplished as much as I would have if I'd have written things down. So that's changing this year. I'm excited.
1 comment:
Yikes! 2 crises averted! Good luck with your goals :)
Post a Comment