Thursday, September 22, 2011

Conversations with kids

Jeffrey's conclusions after seeing "Rio"
J: Mom, birds fall out of trees!
Later while eating lunch
J: Mom, boys like .  . .[pause] girls!!
C: Yes, Jeffrey. Do you like girls?
J: Uh huh. Mom girls like. . . [longer pause] birds!
Afternoon
J: Mom, birds drink marshmallows!

Amri's trying to get out of eating the last two bites of her hotdog
A: Mommy, I can't eat it. It's too hot!
C: It is NOT too hot.
A: Mommy, it's spicy!! (which it was. A little. I was just surprised she knew how to use the word in context)

Dessert options
C: If you eat ALL your dinner, you can have a cupcake or a cookie.
J: Cupcake or a cookie?
C: You only get one OR the other. Do you want a cupcake or a cookie?
J: I want or.
This conversation continued and turned out to be hilarious. Amri and Jeffrey got into quite the argument later on. . . .
A: I want or too!
J: NO Amri! You get a cupcake! I get or! I eat or all gone!
A: I get or!
J: No Amri! You get cupcake. I get or.
A: I get a cupcake, Jeffrey gets cupcake.
J: NO! I GET OR!

The following is a video of Tyson ending the argument:

2 comments:

Natalia said...

This is so cute. We miss you guys!!! Maybe next summer we will be able to take a trip and see you!

Charlotte said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!