Thursday, April 8, 2010

Looking forward (or wishing I was looking back on already) to moving

Well, here we are again, moving. The next 2 weeks solid is going to be traveling. I normally like traveling, but I don't really like traveling/moving in the same jump. Let me explain.

Saturday is graduation. Saturday night Tyson's brother Colby gets here. By Sunday noon we have to have our apartment packed up and in spick'n'span order for check out, because then we leave to fly to the Big Island (the complex will officially check out our apartment Monday morning). So I have to pack our stuff, but in such a way that the majority will be left here at a neighbor's, and the rest we will be taking to the Big Island for our trip. This is what I mean by traveling/moving. So complicated.

Then we will come back to a yet-to-be-decided location for 3 days on this island. Hopefully we will not have to dig into our big suitcases already packed, but we may. Who knows. During these 3 days we must also sell our car and possibly a couple of surfboards--all while Tyson and Colby will be rappelling down 300 and 500 foot waterfalls while Cambria stays at some random person's house. Let me remind everyone, all this traveling and in-limbo-ness will be with 2 children under 2 years. What a grand 3 awkward days those will be.

Then we have the flight to Utah. Joy. Rapture. Bliss Unparalleled. I'm not really looking forward to it. The only blessing is that it's an overnight flight so the kids should *hopefully* be asleep. Maybe we will even get a little sleep (I'm not sure how, since both our kids are flying as lap infants). The airlines also emailed us recently and told us that our layover in Seattle is going to be 2 hours longer than it should have been since our flight has been changed. Fantastic.

Then we'll be in Utah for 3 days driving back and forth between Provo and Ogden for graduation/family/more moving stuff. Then we get to do the all day drive back to California--again with two babies. We'll arrive Sunday night April 25. Then we get to stay there--until Tyson starts grad school in the fall--then we'll move again.

Tyson is planning on rafting the Kern River April 26 with Donny. Anyone is welcome to join them. Me, I'm going to get some much needed rest. . .

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

so did he decide? where to? Poor you! that insane? can you stay with Keola?

The Hargrave Family said...

Wow, Cambria, you are a trooper! Good luck!

Charlotte said...

All I can say is best of luck to you...

Carly said...

Wow! Crazy and exciting all in one!! Why don't you stay a few days in Seattle instead of just a layover?? We'd LOVE to see you!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
charity eyre wright said...

cambria and tyson! i just found your blog! love it! how i miss you two! i would love to see you and the kids! so you are moving to california?? me too!